Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Please help this victim of extreme cruelty

From Facebook (warning: the pictures on the link are extremely graphic):cezar

The story:
”My sister called me today while I was doing transport for the pregnant pitty. She had went to a yard sale in Kings Mtn, NC. The guy came out side and a dog came out with him that was skin and bones. The guy yelled at the dog and forced it back inside. When the dog turned around my sister noticed the back end of the dog was missing and appeared to have flies and bugs all over it. She called me....


I called animal control who did go there and the man denied it. He said the dog ran away. The officer searched his house and property but no dog was found. After speaking to a neighbor I confirmed the dog has been there for the last year or two and has been roaming the neighborhood with this wound for at least 2 weeks. I decided to take matters into my own hands and went and explained to the gut that I was not with animal control and am an independent rescuer and that if he would sign the dog over to me I would get it taken care of. He said ok and went outside and got the dog out of a drain pipe. He put the dog in my car and signed the papers. I informed animal control of this and he said he would take care of it from there.


The owner, if that is what you call him, claims the dog chewed his tail off and he could not afford to take it to the vet. In my opinion the it looks like an axe was used and chopped his tail off to make a wound for a bait dog.


Now, I have the dog at my house. If anyone is interested in helping with medical bills please let me know. The Shar Pei rescue of Virgina has agreed to take the dog if they can find a home for it. Until then he is here at my house.


10/3/09: I brought Cezar to the vet and vet tech at my local animal control who suggested that I get him on antibiotics and pain medications ASAP. I started him on some Keflex and Tramadol. They gave him a rabies vaccine. I brought him home and made him a soft bed which after he did his scratching the blanket to make it comfy just for him he took a nap. I gave him dinner and had to give water by syringe. He slept well.


7:00 AM 10/4/09: I got up this morning to check on Cezar and took him outside where he did urinate and then promptly wanted to go back in. He ate his breakfast but still did not want to drink water so I gave it to him by syringe again. He looked up at me and gave me some kisses. I cried my eyes out. He then went back to his bed an went to sleep.


10:00AM 10/4/09: Got a message from Samatha that she knew a vet that would see him today. I went and got Cezar and he went to his water bowl and drank by himself. Went outside and he urinated again and then off to the vet.


11:15 AM 10/4/09: Just left the vet. The vet says that his wound looks older, but needs to be cleaned and have the rectum evaluated since the wound does encompass the rectum. The vet gave him a pain shot and is going to give him some anesthesia so the wound can be cleaned today. He is going to put in a drain to help the infection drain. He also think that one of Cezar's front legs has been fractured in the past and has healed bad, but does not appear to give him any problems. He says that he has typical Shar Pei eyes with excess skin and does not think the infection is a problem.


12:45 PM 10/4/09: Just got a call from the vet and he says Cezar did wonderful and is up and awake. He said there was a dead piece of bone lodged in the wound (probably part of his tail) that he removed. He did put a few stitches in that area because it was so deep. He said it will need to granulate closed. As for his rectum he said that it was not as bad as we expected and is actually barely involved in the injury, just towards the bottom of the wound. He is keeping him overnight and will call me tomorrow. He thinks that Cezar will be just fine.


Thanks to Samantha Hodge, I was able to get a vet to take him in today with out emergency charge fees:


Dr. Thomas A Wallrichs, DVM
Animal Hospital of East Burke
202 Eldred St, NE
Valdese, NC 28690
828-874-8387
***Please let him know how much you appreciate him coming in on a Sunday morning to take care of Cezar!!!!

Donations can be sent to my paypal account I just set up for him: (Cezar's Medical Funds): https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=ZG26DP3NWE3WA&lc=US&item_name=Cezar%27s%20Medical%20Fund&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted

No comments: